Melbourne Airport takes a strict view on smoking and has more information about where you can’t smoke than where you can.
Where you CANT
- There is to be no smoking in all airside areas. Smoking is also prohibited in the following landside areas:
- All areas designated as ‘no smoking’ by signage
- Melbourne Airport controlled buildings;
- Adjacent to building access points such as doorways and windows;
- Within 10 metres of air conditioning intake vents and ducts;
- Undercover car parking areas
Where You CAN
There are smoking areas in the outside forecourt adjacent to most of the terminals.
See map below:
Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport while strict like other Australian airports does have a moderate number of places owing to its layout. It’s never too far to go. Most of the areas are either uncovered or have no or very limited seating.